Microsoft Teams has added a Lists app to its Microsoft Teams collaboration and video-conferencing app.
This new app is available to all 75 Million Microsoft 365 Commercial and Government Community using Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Lists is a team-based app for tracking information. Like a spreadsheet, organizing data in rows and columns. The Microsoft Lists app provides additional tweaks to data manipulation and organization more manageable, making it a highly customizable collaboration tool.
Key capabilities of Lists added to new Microsoft Teams app include:
- The security and compliance center audits list user actions.
- The ability to have a channel conversation about any list item
- All standard features available in SharePoint web, including view formatting, Quick Edit, export to Excel, sorting, filtering, column types, and the like.
- Importing existing team lists as new tabs in the app
- The app comes with eight standard templates and three industry-specific ones (Loans, Incidents, and Patients). Templates do not need to be used.
Ansuman Acharya, a Product Manager in Microsoft’s Healthcare division, had this to say about the move:
“The vision of the Lists app in Microsoft Teams is to bring all the collaboration and communication modalities to lists and list items, so it is easy to get work done.”